Recently I’ve decided to renew my Microsoft certifications and also get new ones. Although I have already good years of experience working with Azure, I never tried to get its certifications, then because of that, I decided to start with Azure’s certifications.
At the moment my certification target is the exam Az-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator. I’ve started my studies in the middle of January, so 2 weeks ago I decided to have a shot at the exam Az-900: Azure Fundamentals, just to have an idea of how my studies are going on, got approved on that \0/ !!
The exam isn’t that hard and has a lot of free content on the Microsoft Learn portal to help understand the exam measures (I will leave the link address at the end of the post).
My study method:
- I always read the outline of the skills measured in each exam.
- If there’s anything I’m not familiar with, I’ll read the documentation available in Microsoft Docs (always free and up-to-date).
- If I don’t understand what the documents are saying, I use my tenant for proper validations.
- I always dedicate 20 to 40 hours (per exam) to perform the laboratories (On Azure you can have a free tenant for 30 days to do your validations).
- When it comes to new technology, I start by watching the training available in Microsoft Learn, Pluralsight and/or Udemy.
That’s my method, share in the comments how’s your studies method?
So from now on, I will start posting my study path to get approved on these certifications and try to share some acquired knowledge for the most important skill measured on the exams.
Azure Free tenant: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/free/
Microsoft Learning: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/
Exam skills outline Az-900: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/az-900
Exam skills outline Az-104: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/az-104
Got it? Get Practical!